What is Organic?
Organic means the product uses ingredients which have been harvested without the use of toxic pesticides, herbicides, insecticides and genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
Why Should I Choose Organic Products For My Babies?
- The outer layer of a baby’s skin is 20-30% thinner and more permeable than an adult’s skin
- Which means that whatever that is applied onto your babies skin will be mostly absorbed into their body and that includes toxic synthetic chemicals which are surprisingly used in most of the skincare products in the market as they are not strictly regulated by the government bodies.
- These chemicals will continue to accumulate with time.
- Some of these chemicals have been found to cause cancers, skin allergies, reproductive problems and organ-system toxicity.
But Our Grandparents Did Not Bother To Use Organic Products And They Turned Out Fine!
- Back then, chemical technology was not as advanced as it is in the current modern world.
- Products in the market nowadays have a long list of chemical ingredients and most of them have been deemed toxic.
- Most countries do not require health studies or pre-market testing for skincare products. Hence, the safety of the ingredients used are not well regulated.
- This could also contribute to the increased number of cases of eczema, asthma and cancer over the years.
Aren’t Organic Skincare Products Less Effective Than Non-Organic Products?
- Absolutely not!
- In fact, organic products such as Little Innoscents, uses aromatherapy ingredients which provide essential skincare that can be used to relieve babies from skincare problems such as eczema, psoriasis, cradle cap and nappy rash.
- Most of Little Innoscents products contain avocado oil, rosewood oil and even calendula extract which has strong therapeutic and healing properties.
- Organic baby care products do not contain preservatives and foaming agents which are carcinogenic and known to be skin irritants. This fact alone would make organic products more effective for eczema-prone skin.